- 11-Aug-2014 to 20-Aug-2014 (CST)
- Supply Chain
- Kitchener/Waterloo, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Benefits, Pension, Optical, Employee Discounts
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS / ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform the role to ensure that our customers receive the product when needed while balancing the constraints/capacities of production, packaging and shipping.
• Coordinate with Assistant Product Manager to plan and prepare production schedules for all products
• Work with production to make daily decisions on labour requirements and over-time
• Daily provide priority list to production team and communicate potential issues to Sales.
• Create master schedule to establish sequence to maintain shipping dates according to customer orders and sales forecasts.
• Gather and analyze data regarding production requirements/constraints from the appropriate departments to determine ongoing capabilities/capacities.
• Proactively communicate with Sales/Operations to prepare for forecasted requirements
• Coordinate with the Shipping department to understand shipping schedules and ensure that products will be available for loading, as required.
• Monitor and review factors that affect the production schedules and work with departments to drive corrective actions to ensure that output has met expected capabilities.
• Work in cooperation with Purchasing/Inventory to ensure availability of packaging materials according to production demands (specifically regarding upcoming feature activity or unusual demand).
• Maintain open communication with sales and production supervisors
• Hold regular production scheduling meetings to keep all personnel informed of current and upcoming demands.
• Coordinate upcoming feature activity with Sales to determine production capabilities and ensure that customer's expectations are realistic (based on production dates, quantities and timing).
• Work with all parties to develop best in class tools and processes for identifying opportunities and driving continuous improvement in our supply chain.
• Post-secondary education in a related field
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a planning/production position.
• Experience working in the fresh protein/disassembly industry preferred.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects at the same time with limited supervision; excellent planning, time management and decision-making skills.
• Function efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, analyze, and measure vast amounts of data.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel.
• Material Resource Planning (MRP) software experience preferred.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Maintain excellent communication and relationships with others; be a team player; maintain a positive attitude.
• Have a level disposition and be able to motivate fellow associates and foster a team-oriented environment.
• Proactive problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement
• Excellent work history, attendance, initiative and drive to succeed.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITLY MEASURES:
• Timely and accurate completion of daily production schedule (executable)
• Good communication/understanding cross-functionally regarding schedule
• Minimal customer shorts with a solid understanding of root cause
• Successfully balancing needs of production (efficiencies), sales (customer fill rate) and shipping (delivery schedules)
Please note: Only qualified applicants will be asked to participate in the interview process.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings